Bowerman Insurance

Open Mon - Fri 8:30am-4:30pm

114 S. Mitchell Avenue

PO Box 288 Steele, ND 58482

P: (701) 475-2340 F: (701) 475-2499


It is comforting to know you're protected with reliable auto insurance. It may be a financial burden if your not and you have an accident or hit an animal. Auto insurance provides protection in case of an accident, vandalism, theft, animals, natural disasters, liability and medical coverage. There is a discount when placing your autos and homeowners or farm owners with the same company. Plus, you get a discount when signing up for the company's personalized driver habits program.


This is for the DUI's, the reckless driving, if you would happen to have too many speeding tickets, claims or the many various other violations. We have many different companies that we can choose from and we have one that is right for you. We have immediate SR 22 available.


We have many types of protection for your dwelling to cover losses from incidents like fire, storms and vandalism. It also protects your possessions, provides liability coverage plus many other items. There is also coverage for liability and medical payments if someone were to get hurt on your property. You may also be eligible for a multi-policy discount when your home and auto are written with the same company.

Homeowner Optional Endorsements

  • Additional coverage of 25% for the insured house (depending on company)
  • Underground Service Line Coverage
  • Identity Theft
  • Inflation Guard
  • Personal Injury
  • Equipment Breakdown


Renters insurance is a form of homeowner's insurance. Renter's coverage can cover belongings for anyone and is an inexpensive way to insure these items. Do you have a college student? These students usually have coverage under their parents' homeowner insurance policy, but if a student moves into an apartment there is no coverage for 30 days. Concerning theft coverage, the student's belongings must be kept in the living quarters, so if a student has (for example) mechanic tools and left them at the school shop room and they were stolen, there would be no coverage if the student didn't have a renter's policy and have them insured.



There are very many unique aspects of mobile home living and we can offer you dependable insurance policies that are right for you. Your mobile home is your home and you want it protected. Mobile home policies can be similar to a homeowner policy.


This type of policy extends your liability coverage by adding a layer of protection over your basic limits you have on your vehicle and property/home policies.

    • Vehicles and motorcycle (personal & recreational)
    • Primary residences
    • Seasonal homes
    • Most types of watercraft
    • Family rental dwellings
    • Farms & Ranches
    • Condos


With a condominium you can enjoy the convenience of apartment living along with the tax benefits of owning a home. Though your Association may provide protection for property in areas of the building that you share with neighbors, you are responsible for your personal belongings and part of the interior structure. We can offer the right protection for you. (Our agency should review your condo association contract to be sure we have the correct coverage for you)


As you are riding down the road, you might want to make sure your cycle is properly insured. The right coverage is important for both you and your cycle's protection. Cycle insurance has coverage similar to automobile insurance.


You can hardly wait to take your snowmobile for a ride after that first snowfall, so the last thing you want to worry about is insurance. Whether you own a basic snowmobile or a deluxe model, we have many different options for you.


It's a good idea to make sure you have the right insurance coverage for your boat, pontoon or jet ski, to name a few. Coverage includes physical damage, liability, medical payments, guest passenger liability and theft. We have coverage for all of the following:

  • Sailboats
  • Rowboats
  • Fishing Boats
  • Kayaks
  • Canoes
  • Runabouts
  • Cabin Cruisers
  • Yachts
  • Pontoon Boats
  • Jet skis


If you're on the road with your motor home and you have all the comforts of home, remember to have the coverage you need. Then you can relax on your trip knowing you are covered with the right insurance policy. Remember if you use your motor home for seasonal purposes, this would need to be written differently than if you use your motor home for pleasure use or for primary living quarters.


Coverage is different if you use your camper for short periods of time, like going for the weekend or overnight. But if you live in your camper for more than 30 days, this would need another type of policy.


Are you having a hard time getting insurance on an unusual house or risk? We have companies that write this type of hard to place business.


Flood insurance is a type of property insurance that offers protection and covers a dwelling against losses caused by flooding or water overflow. As typical homeowners insurance does not cover this hazard, a separate policy must be purchased.